Study for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines online - the ideal course for beginners who want to learn about a wide range of wines. You'll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce.
The Level 2 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator. Please note that the exam is completed in person and not online.
As you work through the course you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking at what wine labels tell you about the contents of the bottle and sharing tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 8 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
8 wines tasted
Taught in English
Online + Exam in Shanghai
• The method of wine making
• Factors that influence the style of wine
• Main white and red grape varieties and their characteristics
• The important wine regions of grape growing around the world
• The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
• Key labelling terms
• The principles of food and wine pairing
• The principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
• How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Our WSET center
Our Shanghai WSET center is located in Minhang District (South of Shanghai).
Address : 上海市闵行区东兰路238号L3层
L3 Floor, 238 Donglan Street, Minhang District, Shanghai
How to get here : Take subway line 12 from West Nanjing Road and stop at Hongmei Road (25 minutes ride). Then walk 10 minutes to reach our center. Multiple bus lines also available.
Hedonia Culture Consulting Co., Ltd (Suzhou) © 2018-2021
Cover picture credits : Le déjeuner des canotiers (1880-1881), Pierre-Auguste Renoir